Sunday, January 15, 2012

WriteRoom for Mac


It's been a while since I last posted something on this blog. Nearly half a year in fact. So I thought I really ought to update my entries not just for the sake of my followers but for myself as well. The inspiration has come from this Mac App called WriteRoom. It provides a distraction-free writing environment and I think it's pretty brilliant. Start it up first and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about. It looks like your regular Text Edit window. The amazing part begins when you fire the app up in full screen mode. Everything else fades into the background and you're provided with a dark grey screen and a blinking cursor. You can add various themes as well.

There is nothing else on the screen save you and your words. An ideal app for an up-and-coming writer or just someone who has a tough time focusing on their work when there is too much happening in the other windows. WriteRoom definitely wins on account of its simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment