Friday, April 1, 2011

WordPress for Android


Just testing out the WordPress Android Client on my HTC Wildfire. Although I’m connected on the WiFi here at home, the application seems to be taking quite a fair bit of time loading the tabs. It may also be due to the fact that I have only just started using it so I’ll give it a fair chance before beating it up too bad. Text input seems pretty good so far! No complaints regarding that just yet. It also has quite a few options regarding text formatting with options to make text bold, italics, underline, strike through, and adding links among others. It also gives me the option of adding media to my posts. It allows me to add videos and photos. Before publishing the post there's an option to add tags to the post. All in all, the application seems to be fairly decent as of now. A little more testing time and I should be able to make a fair judgment.

*Immediate update: When I clicked ‘Upload’, I got to my laptop to see whether the post had been published or not. It hadn’t. What the application does is it uploads your post and saves it as a draft. You can then edit and upload via the computer (I’m trying to figure out how to publish straight via my phone. Oh give me a break. I’ve been using this for just 10 minutes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment